Sunday 19 April 2015

Out and about

Hi everyone,

It's been a surprisingly full day.

I slept a bit late this morning (no great surprise there). Spent part of the morning checking for new calves, including spotting a cow who was having trouble calving. Awesome.

I had to go to town about midday as I had an appointment at the Blood Bank to make a plasma donation.  No matter how bad things get, sharing my blood (well, blood product) always makes me feel good! 


I learned something interesting too: when the nurse was checking me he said that my haemoglobin was too low to donate.  We tried again and I was over the threshold but still very low relative to my last measurement. Eventually we got a high enough score. I mentioned that I'd done a half-Marathon the day before and he said this was probably the reason - the body was tired!


By the time I was back at the farm Dad had returned from Flinders. He was working on the cow with the stuck calf; eventually we got it out, and I'm pretty sure the cow will get up tomorrow too.

No more for now (very tired). More tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment