Tuesday 17 April 2012

Another tram

Hi everyone,

Here I am again. Late tram back to Brunswick.

Actually, I shouldn‘t complain. A large whack of the evening was spent drafting up an application for a research job at one of the universities. And since all of the history jobs I‘ve looked at want publications, I also quickly scoped out another area for research. Since the few publications I have were all 10+ years ago, I was casting for something I can slough off a quick 5,000 odd words on, and lighted on a recent manifestation of millennialism, a field where I‘m reasonably familiar with the concepts and arguments. Watch this space.

The day itself was a bit disappointing. Not as much done as I‘d wanted to do, and there‘ll be Hell to pay tomorrow. I‘ve managed to fuck up and disappoint people. Again.

Met with the recruiter today. The job market is tight, but still pretty good for insurance and workers compensation lawyers. He had in mind a couple of workers comp decence firms, and one plaintiff firm, who he understands are hiring. They apparently all pay pretty well, and it‘s work I know but, honest to God, I really don‘t want to do more litigation. But on the other hand, the sooner I pay off the moving debts, the sooner I can be back with my little family. And I think that will swing the balance: when I was emailing my CV today I found a photo of the girls when they were only 2 days old, and my heart melted. I know where I have to be.

I guess that‘s the update for another night. Bed feels good already.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you



    Sandwiches New Westminster

    ReplyDelete