Thursday 26 April 2012

Thursday evening

Hi everyone,

It'll be a brief post tonight - it's already after midnight and I need to interview an employer witness on site at 8:00 tomorrow.

The day was, in any case, not specially eventful.  Court in the morning, in a matter with an unrepresented litigant (which is only the second time in my career I've faced such a thing).  He's sacked his solicitors and is seeking new representation.  The Court has put the matter over for two months to let him find someone prepared to take the matter on (which I think will be difficult; certainly I would not have been keen to act for him in my past life).

Speaking of my past life, I had a first interview at a plaintiff firm this morning as well.  I think I did the interview OK and gave a good account of myself and (discreetly) outlined why they should hire me.  I managed to find some enthusiasm from somewhere, chiefly from the part of my brain that has heard that they pay well.  Well, let's see if they offer me a second interview before we get too worried about whether I want the job!  If all else fails, there's always Plan C (standing outside the Magistrates Court with a sign that reads "Will litigate for food").

I tried to work in the evening and did get a few things done but by 9:00 decided to throw the towel in.  I ducked out to Officeworks to print off some more photos of Joni and the girls to update the ones on the stickyboard at the Casa.  I was back here by 10:00 and had dinner and then spent a pleasant couple of hours yakking to some of the housemates.  Came back up here to have a shave and shower and type this post.

OK, I guess it's bedtime.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment