Sunday 15 April 2012

This Sunday night

Hi everyone,

Not sure how this‘ll go: blogging from my phone with a rapidly flattening battery.

It‘s been a full weekend, I think. I slept disgracefully late on Saturday (no, not giving times!). As I foreshadowed on Friday night, I took my laptop to Hungry Jacks to use their WiFi to sort out the problems skype was having, which took about 40 minutes. Then back to Brunswick to collect the car to go to the 60th of an old friend at Kyneton. It was a good get together; a lot of the people I worked with at the last job were there. My old boss and his wife were making a weekend if it, staying over at Daylesford. And three of the secretaries I used to work with were there too. One of them I felt especially bad about, as she seems to be getting over another mental breakdown. Poor thing. Everyone asked after Joni and the girls, which was nice, and they also said I seemed to have lost weight! It was great to catch up with them again.

I was craving fresh coffee by the time I left, so I stopped at Woodend where a couple of take aways were still open. There‘s something great about fresh coffee when you‘re out and about in cold weather (Woodend and Kyneton are both up in the Macedon Ranges - it was chilly up there last night!). It‘s one of those unfailingly comforting things. 

I got back to Melbourne about 10:00pm, in enough time to skype with Joni and the girls. They were in their highchairs and eating handfuls if pecan Special K. They‘re just such beautiful, beautiful little things. I miss them!!! Grace was talking a lot. Rachel seemed quiet, but Joni says she‘s benefiting from the speech therapy, so she must just have been feeling quiet. I miss them. A lot.

Today was spent getting groceries and going to the office. Got through about 66% of what I‘d planned to do and checked out some useful employment sites Jennie had emailed to me. Dinner at the office (an experience which has rather lost its novelty!) and now, blogging from the tram.

So there you have it: my weekend. Hope all yours have been good too.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment