Monday 23 April 2012

Good day, with the world's lamest workout!



 
Hi everyone,

There was a lot in today.  And most of it was good.

So the day started off awkwardly.  I slept through my alarm, so my first coherent thoughts of the day were along the lines of "Mmmfh ... it's 8:10am.  I need to be in court at 9:30...   WTF? IT'S 8:12AM (sic) AND I NEED TO BE IN COURT AT 9:30!!!".  I dressed in record time and bolted for the tram stop and was at work dead on 9:00am.  A couple of phone calls later I headed for court and attended to this morning's matters.  Never was I so glad to subsequently get my first coffee of the day in.  And at about that time I got an email from Joni re yesterday's matter which resolved my core concern so that was a huge plus.

I spent a healthy chunk of the day preparing for the afternoon case review (singular).  I also had one more of the meetings regarding my impending departure from the firm.  They'd put 30 June as a timeline for me to find other work, which is great - if I can't find work by then, then clearly the economy's so bad we're all screwed!  If I can go earlier, great, and if at that time I have a job on the line but need a week or two more, then they're open to flexibility.  Really, if you're going to be sacked, this is the firm to be sacked from.  And I guess it makes business sense for them too: by doing it this way, they keep me invested in the firm and not just losing all motivation to work, and ensure that when I leave, I'm not going to want to badmouth the firm.

By 5pm I was on the fence about working late.  As tomorrow is clear, and Wednesday is a public holiday, I figured that another late night tonight would translate into a strong temptation to coast tomorrow, so I gave myself the evening off and came back here.  I planned to go down to the garage and do another burst of exercises like last week.  You remember how I did all those sit ups then?  Well, the muscles at the bottom of my stomach were pretty sore, but I thought they'd gotten over it, so down I went for some exercise.  Stretching - fine.  Star jumps - fine.  Push ups - I assumed the position and felt the weight of my innards slump into the aforesaid stomach muscles >faint whimpering as I found myself in a world of hurt!<. With that I guessed that I wasn't going to be able to do a whole bunch in the way of exercise and came back up here, where I engaged in the worlds lamest workout.  Was I listening to "Eye of the Tiger" while bench-pressing a rhinoceros?  No.  Was I watching a replay of Rumble in the Jungle while pumping iron?  No.  Was I watching The Big Bang Theory while doing arm lifts with a bottle of mustard in one hand and a jar of Chicken Tonight in the other? Yes.  Yes I was.

Dinner was going to be tuna, pasta and tomatoes, but I was all out of pasta so I made rice instead.  Sadly, rice is a bit letdown when you have your dial set for pasta!  Still, there's plenty of it, and what I didn't eat tonight will be great as a side with some crumbed fish.

Tomorrow is a quiet day, save for going to the doctor about midday (nothing dramatic, just need a prescription renewed).  And the Anzac Day public holiday on Wednesday.

OK, I guess that's it for today.

See you tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment