Friday 27 April 2012

Garlic and Avignon

Hi everyone,

Blogging horizontally tonight (tired and with a headache). I‘ve got the TuneIn Radio app on my phone playing French pop music from Radio Star in Avignon.

It‘s been a busy day. I did an interview with an employer witness at a hospital at 8am and went to the office from there. Spent the day doing a bunch of mopping up work - settling defences, drawing briefing letters, arranging surveillance and so on.

Lunch was supplied by the firm, along with an address from two of the articled clerks about the current state of online retailing in Australia. From what they said, the major retailers have grasped that they need to get on  board with online retailing, but haven‘t grasped that it‘s not enough just to have an online store; they need to offer competitive prices.  Why DJs think I‘ll buy dishware (for example) from them when I can buy it for a third the price from amazon.com is difficult to understand.

Friday drinks were good. I picked up a microwave lasagna on the way back here and spiced it up with some garlic powder and cayenne pepper. A bit too much garlic powder, judging by the inside of my mouth.

Haing lunch at Jennie‘s tomorrow and will have to break the news to parentals about the whole “sacking my arse for incompetence“ thing.  Otherwise the plan for the weekend is to apply for more jobs. Called another recruiter today. No call back yet.

Ok, I guess that‘s it for the moment.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment