Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hi everyone,

I‘m typing this in the hope of settling my mind. The particular reason being that I‘ve got a long and heartfelt email from one of my sisters and I want to get my walnut-sized brain into the right state to read it.

Today‘s been stressful. Scrambling to be ready for case reviews, a peer review with the client, and a couple of other matters stamped urgent. 

And it‘s now midnight and I‘m on the tram. Which is a stressor all its own: after case reviews today my boss said she was aware of the time I spend there at the weekend and in the evenings, and stressed that the work I have should be manageable during normal hours, and that the firm positively discourages staff from working like that. She also asked why, with the extra hours, I should always seem to be struggling with my work. I had to say honestly that I didn‘t know. Explain that and you could pretty well explain the entire damp squib of my career. I didn‘t say the last sentence out loud.

>sigh<

Inspiration needs to strike. For one thing, my legs aren‘t up to another run tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment