Tuesday 3 April 2012

Hi everyone,

This is another post that might be finished on laptop or at any rate later, especially if my battery dies.

It‘s been a full day, if that‘s the right word for a day when a huge whack of my energies got sucked into (wasted on?) two complex files which had histories stretching back 20 years. Picture me sitting at my desk cursing the worker‘s name under my breath!

I had a chat with Joni over FB at lunch. She and the girls are OK, although Rachel‘s to see a speech therapist because she‘s not talking much. She‘ll see the therapist Thursday. The doctor doesn‘t think it‘s anything catastrophically or cognitively wrong with her, but it seems the real problem is that Grace is kind of hogging the airtime. So hopefully some time with the therapist will sort it out. I looked up a bunch of more or less reputable websites after work about that sort of thing, and it seems 9 times out of 10 it‘s straightforward to solve. The girls are surely lucky to have a Mommy like Joni, who wouldn‘t just take a “she‘ll be right“ approach to it. And I‘m lucky to have her too: I thought she‘d been a little quiet the last little while, and my gut tells me she wasn‘t going out of her way to share this detail, it being the sort of thing I‘ve been known to fret over. Anyway, win lose or draw I‘ll give her a call Friday morning Melbourne time and see how things went and if there‘s anything I can do to help from this end.

[Insert a couple of hours gap for me to get back to the Casa, go for a run, have a cleanup and have dinner]

Ok, it‘s well and truly late! Time to post this and turn in. Hope you all have a good day.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment