Monday 30 April 2012

Not the post I planned

Hi everyone,

This is not the post that I drafted, and thank God for that.

Today was one of those days when I was struggling to keep a good attitude.  In particular, my very first conscious thought when I woke up was "OK Monday: It's time for you to kick me in the groin again".  Now, I can tell you about my day if you desperately want to hear it.  It's not, I'm afraid, terribly exciting.  In essence I was working flat out to get a bunch of stuff done and painfully aware I was falling short.  There was kind of an up-spot in the day in the form of lunch being provided because I was at a seminar.  The seminar was on how to network, as somehow I volunteered to attend a firm networking function Thursday evening.  Those of you who know me, know that this sort of interaction is not my natural fit.  I'm a fairly boring person and I find talking in those sort of settings rather difficult.  Still, it could be useful for me (things being how they are) and, really, what's the worst that will happen?  I'll look like a doofus.  Considering the firm is letting me go anyway...!

I caught up with Dad at the Guild meeting tonight.  He's doing well, although he looked like the cold snap is not making his joints move any easier.  I feel pretty bad for him.  Hope he's OK.  I was back here by 9:30pm and, because the blues had had a bit of a hold on me today I decided that the best thing I could do was go for a run as that always brings me back to even keel.  I ran the 4 miles to St Marys in Coburg in good time considering I hadn't been running for a couple of weeks, then came back here, had a shower and made dinner (pasta, bell pepper, onion and tuna).  Talked to Sophie and Toby for a bit, which was an education.  Sophie and I were sharing a bundle of differing perspectives on Albury and the Riverina region ands trying to identify friends in common.  And we learned that Toby is a Korean pop music buff...  I now know far more about K-Pop than I ever did before!

On the job front, I've arranged to see the recruiter my employer recommended at lunch tomorrow.  I also spotted a job at Victoria University (in Melbourne, not Texas) that I'll shoot an application off on when I log on.  The more, the better.

OK, I guess that's it for the day.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment