Monday 2 April 2012

Eating the miles!

Hi everyone,

I‘m starting this post on my phone on the tram; I expect I‘ll finish it on the laptop at the Casa.

It‘s been kind of a frustrating day. I was slow off the mark this morning and was only about 5 minutes shy of being late for work.  That said, the day went off surprisingly well. I had a series of lucky breaks that resulted in a file I had on for review going from looking pretty shabby to looking pretty good. And I was able to get out of the office during lunch hour to sent a box of Easter love to Joni and the girls (some presents from the grandparents here as well as some chocolate rabbits and a packet of butter and jam cookies you cant get anywhere else).

It was a struggle to keep focussed on work after 5pm. I wrote a couple of aerogrammes but held off having dinner as I‘ll go for a run when I get back to the Casa. Still, I got a few things done even though the clock got to 10:00pm troublingly swiftly.

[Insert a couple of hours delay]

So here I am. Back on my phone and typing this before turning in. I got back here and did indeed go for a run up to St Marys Indian Orthodox Church in East Coburg (I wasn‘t even aware there was such a denomination as Indian Orthodox) and back. I did this run last week and struggled. This time, I just ate the miles, and at the halfway point, I felt like my tibia and fibula had been replaced by steel springs. Awesome. I was even feeling so good I ran another block at the end just for kicks. Feeling great about this!

Tben, back here. Warm down, shave, shower, late dinner and bed.

Hope it‘s a great day for you all as well.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the run! So sweet of you to send the goodies to your wife and girls. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete