Friday 26 June 2015

A longish day

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting here by the fire typing this on my phone.  It's time to process the day...

Friday kicked off foggy.  I woke a bit before six and turned the radio on to ABC-FM and read last night's emails.  Then, got up, turned the coffee on and got dressed for work.


The fog was still hanging around when I got on the road and so I kept the speed down.  It was a dry mouthed trip from here to there, because before I'd even reached the Goulburn River, this happened: 


Anyway, I limped into Tatura without running out of fuel and put half a tank jn (will top it up when I have a discount docket to hand).

The day at work was kind of wearing.  I advised the Law Institute (lawyers' association) that I won't be renewing my membership.  They asked me to explain why, so I did (in essence, my employer won't pay the $450+ membership fee and I don't get enough out of it to justify paying the expense myself).  I found it an oddly draining email to write.  I guess I just don't do conflict.  On the plus side, I got this last night from the American Bar Association - those are members dues for which I get value for money!


Mildly annoying moment with one of the other lawyers at work who couldn't twig that if someone doesn't talk about their personal life, you shouldn't ask about it. Gripe. There's no nice way of saying "we're work colleagues, not BFFs".  I guess I just need to stick to being taciturn mainly and (if I must talk) polite to the point of formality.  With that in mind I was happy to skip this afternoon's monthly work drinks and hit the gym instead.

Not sure what this weekend will hold. The old boy is back from the south, so I guess it'll be whatever work he has in mind.  If I get a chance I'll start scoping out and turning some ground for a vegetable patch.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to write a few casenotes too, and go for a run.

Have a great Friday people!

No comments:

Post a Comment