Wednesday 24 June 2015

Lots of things

Hi everyone,

It's been an interesting day here in my world.

The day dawned surprisingly mild, if not actually warm, and it was a speedy drive to work.  I was a little miffed about one thing in the drive when I passed through Toolamba: twice I've responded to ads in the paper inviting applications from people willing to serve on that town's Cemetery Trust: I could use a chance to gather some level of managerial experience.  Anyway, twice I can't get a rerun call, and I'm left wondering if the ad is a tick-the-box thing so that someone's mate can have a place that's already been promised. Gripe.


Anyway, I was just getting started at work when the SES app on my phone went off!  All available members to attend a road crash at Kyabram where a vehicle had rolled and there was a possible person trapped.  I scurried down to the shed (two streets from work) and hastily climbed into my gear.


The crew leader and I waited in the truck a short while while we waited for two other members to attend (one has been asleep - worked late last night).  Once they arrived we got going with lights and sirens in use.  We were a couple of miles up the road when a follow up message came through standing us down: I suppose the casualty had self-extricated.


Certainly an energising way to kick off the day!

The day itself was subdued.  I had a long meeting with people from the property team as to a particular matter and spent a while working though the fallout from it.

I'm becoming more comfortable with my demeanour at work: polite, serious and reserved.  Not really friendly, but also not unfriendly.  I guess I'm still feeling a little burned from what happened at the last job, when all but two of the people I thought were my friends dropped me like a stone as soon as I stopped working there.  My tenure at this job is even shorter, and I just want to get through it, do it well, and move on to the next thing.

After work I had a plasma donation booked at the Blood Bank and so I headed across to Shepparton.  Happily they've had a good response to their recent ads for donors, so it was a pretty good reason for needing to wait and drink heaps of their water.


Anyway, it turns out my health metrics are still pretty good and they hooked me up to the machine.  Maybe it was just me or it was a slow cycle, but I was able to read through a Law Institute Journal and an ABA Journal, and make a start on Entertainment & Sports Lawyer magazine while it ran.


Anyway, the machine slowly but surely extracted the yellow gold: it looks icky but apparently it's pretty useful if you're sick!


Listened to the parliamentary broadcast on the drive home. If that doesn't make you despair nothing will!

Supposed to be a quiet day tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be productive too!

More then.

No comments:

Post a Comment