Sunday 7 June 2015

Fun with molasses.

Hi everyone,

It's been a rewarding day here at the farm.

After breakfast I headed out to attend to a few of the usual chores, like feeding the bull.  It must be said that old Bluechip is partial to any feed that he doesn't have to graze himself, so when he saw me at his feeder he came galloping (at least, as much as a bull does gallop).

I poured in the triticale and cornmeal in the usual way.  I decided to add some molasses to give him extra calories. And was trying to pour it in while he was stuffing his face.  I think you can imagine what happened:


This wasn't that big a problem (I mean, it didn't seem to trouble him) until he decided to pay a visit to his feeder ring for a nice big meal of hay: 


No, I'm not sure how long he'll be wearing it for.

After lunch I had time for a longish bike ride.  I'd had my heart set on taking some photos of the bridge over the Goulburn near Toolamba, a round trip of about 32 kilometres.  Annoyingly I'd gone about 3 kms when I noticed my back tyre felt sluggish. It wasn't flat but was certainly a good way there.  I walked it back to the farm and blew the tyre up again.


I settled on a shorter route instead, that took me on a round trip of about 20 kilometres instead.  While I was out and about I took one road with the following sign in it.  Challenge accepted, Shepparton!


The other new sign that made me laugh was this one: when I saw it I heard the voice of Skeeter from South Park: "we don't take kindly to ... round here!"


Not much else to note. Night cool but not bitterly cold. More tomorrow.

Hope your days are going well

1 comment:

  1. Funny to have a molasses-dipped bull. The flies will surely take care of it soon, unless a helpful cow decides to lick it off first.

    ReplyDelete