Thursday 25 June 2015

In a virtual Virginia

Hi everyone,
I’m killing a little time before SES training and I decided to see where I’m at in my 2015 running challenge.

Regular readers will know that the target I’ve set myself is to run (or swim, walk, cycle or row) the equivalent of the distance from Houston, TX to Clinton, CT, a distance of 1,940 miles.  Dailymile tells me that I’ve just ticked over 1,221 miles.  I’m stoked to be about 150 miles ahead of schedule!
GoogleMaps tells me that this would put me at Abingdon, VA, a town of some 8,000-odd people.


The next points on the itinerary are –
Roanoke, VA – 1,220 miles

Martinsburg, WV – 1,554 miles

Hagerstown, MD – 1,577 miles


Hershey, PA – 1,665 miles


Morristown, NJ – 1,804 miles

Tarrytown, NY – 1,855 miles

Bridgeport, CT – 1,900 miles

Clinton, CT – 1,940 miles


In the masochistic manner that makes sense only to runners, I’ve got a bonus stored up if I finish ahead of schedule: I’ll push on to South Portland, ME, where my good friend Pam lives.  This is an added distance of 231 miles.

 
How are your miles so far this year?  And if you
had a route to utilize them on, what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment