Friday 25 May 2012

Friday, with lasagna

Hi everyone,

A good day today, although it shouldn't have been.

Today‘s work was essentially a protracted scramble of preparing for next week. So, a set of consent orders, two briefs, a change of barrister, and me settling a matter we'd been running in the Magistrates Court this week. And really, I was finding my mojo again: the old "better to beg forgiveness than ask permission" I had once upon a time.  It was great - like feeling my power again.  Hopefully it keeps going into the new job.

Frigid cold in Melbourne tonight - the wind up Bourke Street was like a knife as I was waiting for the tram.  This is the time of year I really think a lot about the homeless folks in Melbourne.  The cold is just pitiless.  Ouch.

Quiet evening at the casa - frozen lasagna for dinner, and I caught a couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory which was a bonus!  Skyped with Joni and the girls tonight, which was great indeed.

Sadly, it's going to be an office weekend, although I'll try and get some rec time in there too - as busy as I am, there's only so much in the tank.  And this will be a massive week coming up.

OK, I guess that's it.  Anyone have any suggestions for tomorrow's activity?  Preferably something indoors!

See you tomorrow folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment