Wednesday 2 May 2012

Quick update with lobster

Hi everyone,

This is a post in the "clearing the head" category.  It's about 7:30pm and I'm (you guessed it) at the office.

Today was one of those days when the stress levels were cranked up to "Chernobyl technician trying to do quadratic equations in his head as the reactor melts down".  I'll spare you the details but ... case reviews where I was quite hit and miss ... more stuff where I wish I could emulate the cool people I work with ... looking like something of a twonk because I failed to recognise someone from the Authority who was here for a peer review ... and making some incredibly silly mistakes.  So I'm sure you can imagine that after a while today I looked a bit like this chap -



On the plus side, however, I kicked a string of goals in the peer review (it's nice when you know you know more about the file than anyone else in the room!).  Also, Jennie emailed me a couple of jobs that look intriguing, so I'll need to get a couple of applcations away.  And I had a kind of silver-lining brain explosion about 10:30 which prompted me to tell the parentals about the job situation.  I know this should be the least of my worries - I'm 34 and married with children so parental disapproval ought to be academic! - but it was a task I'd been putting off.  So, I've ripped the band-aid off and it's off my conscience.

Well, I'd better get down to business on this letter of advice and then get a few more applications sent off. 

Will try and post a longer entry when I get out of here.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment