Thursday 31 May 2012

Is this a pin? ‘Cos I‘m pulling it!

Hi everyone,

It‘s been another of those days that leaves you feeling good but knackered.  Hence, it‘s only about 7:45pm and I‘m waiting for the tram. The part of me that wants to go for a run is duking it out with the part that wants to have dinner and unwind; currently running is very much the losing side!

As I said, it‘s been a satisfying day. In the mention this morning the opposing barrister and I pretty well argued to a standstill, at which point the Court pointedly gave us both another week to resolve the matter between ourselves failing which the court would rule on the it.

The rest of the day was me lining things up for the hearing tomorrow and the hearing on Monday. So, it was productive. My boss goes off in maternity leave from today, so I went out and got her a card and also a gift certificate for an evening babysitter at some point. She‘s been pretty good to me, all up, and so it seemed right to do so.

I also e-submitted a couple of poems to a magazine at lunch. Don‘t misunderstand me: I‘m not about to become the poor man‘s Hemingway, but I kind of liked them and thought “what the hell?“. But I‘m not holding my breath!

I had a chat to Dad by phone as I was leaving work. He and Mum just got back from Rutherglen. I was going to go down to their place this weekend, but he called to say they‘ll be away, so I‘ll entertain myself up here I guess. Not with more time at the office though: I need a break!

Ok, I guess that‘s it so far. I‘ll post more later if the evenng is noteworthy.

Speak more shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment