Wednesday 23 May 2012

Shazam!

Hi everyone,

Do I look pleased? Yes. Yes I do.  For a day that should have beaten the bejeezus out of me I came through with flying colours.

Today‘s events were in Court. I was multitasking two mentions this morning and two hearings all day without freaking out, panicking or losing my cool, or needing to call my boss for guidance or moral support

One of the mentions was a straightforward referral to a doctors board. The other, however, was one I was doing for one of my colleagues where I found I had to make legal arguments on an interlocutory point against a barrister who has a well deserved reputation for being (a) very legally skilled and (b) very bloody minded. I managed to win about 85% of the total set of orders we wanted, which is the first time I recall ever winning a point against this particular barrister.

I managed to do simultaneous negotiations in the matters that were on for hearing. One of them settled on a good basis. The other one couldn‘t be settled and is presently running.

So there you have it: one king size day that should have clobbered me and I got through it in style. I‘m pleased with myself, indeed.

I took a break after work and did some recreational stuff then settled back in for an evening‘s work, productively. I also got an email from the South Carolina Law Review saying they couldn‘t publish one of my papers, but that they‘d liked it and had taken the liberty of forwarding it to another journal within U.S.C. that might be interested. So, a pleasing thing too.

Hope you have good days too!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment