Monday 7 May 2012

Monday ... with a coyote reference...

Hi everyone,

Another night without an office dinner.  I could get used to this!  Added to which, the security settings on the Casa's WiFi have fallen over, so I'm not paying for internet access.  Hurray!

It's been an odd sort of day.  Only two files for review, but I managed to stay tolerably busy all day and really can't recall stopping for any length of time.  It just feels kind of odd.  I had a couple of phone calls from the weekend's job applications - I saw one recruiter at lunch (he happened to be working 11 floors below me in the same building) who knew of a job in public and products liability.  This would offer me a good reason for explaining my departure from my current job.  I have another recruiter to see tomorrow.  I'm optimistic that something will turn up.

I got to 7:30pm at the office and realised I had Buckleys of getting any actual work done in the evening so I came back here.  It being early (for me) I went for a run to St Marys and back.  A good run too - not actually sprinting but somewhere between that and purely jogging.  Pleased with that.  By the time Joni gets me back I'm gonna be buuuufffff!  Or at least, I'll look like this guy -



Incidentally, did you ever wonder what would happen if Wile E. Coyote ever caught the Road runner?  This is what would happen.
 
[Sorry if this is disjointed.  I'm playing some youtube videos and just loaded Crash Test Dummies "Afternoons and Coffee Spoons".  I'd forgotten how smegging good music was in the early 1990s.  I wonder if there's anything from Things of Stone and Wood?]

Dinner was chicken, and some macaroni and cheese with diced tomatoes (from a can, but tomatoes nonetheless).  And now, blogging, music, some wine and bed.

I'm sorry this isn't more profound - my brain isn't in the profundity zone right now (in profundisde profundis?).

OK, I guess that's it.

See you tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the jobs! My jogging got put off now that I'm back at work. I need to get back at that. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete