Thursday 31 May 2012

Marooned!

Hi everyone,

So my car has decided my evening for me.  After I got back near the share house, I decided to drive up to Coburg for some groceries.  After getting same, I got back to my car ... which then refused to start. It did this to me once before, and after several hours waiting I had it towed (some $240 - ouch). The next morning it started no problems.

I‘ve now been sitting here for about 3 hours as the air gets perceptibly colder and I‘m pondering my options which are -

(a)  Wait as long as it takes fir the car to be able to start. This could take all night. I‘d be ok with that if I didn‘t have court tomorrow and wasn‘t aware that if it isn‘t going by 6am, I have a four mile walk back to the Casa to get ready for work.

(b)  Leave the car and get a taxi back to the Casa and come and get the car tomorrow afternoon. This leaves the risk of racking up parking tickets and the local youth smashing a window in to search for something worth stealing.

I think I‘ll let it get to midnight / 1ish and if there‘s no progress, get a cab.

Still, this is better than another evening at the office I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment