Wednesday 30 May 2012

So far so awesome ... and kangaroo steaks!

Hi everyone,

It‘s early (for me 7:20pm) and I‘m on the tram back to the Casa. It‘s been a satisfactory day, but bloody tiring, and when a querelous email arrived from an opposing barrister about a mention tomorrow, I decided it was time to call it a day.

The morning was productive - an advice settled and most of the handover completed from the partner I report to now to the one I‘ll report to for the balance of my time at my present job.

The afternoon was two back to back meetings. In one, a very high level employer with a strong interest in a matter I‘m defending them in. The thing is, they don‘t come to meetings bringing the claims officer from the insurer. They come along with the two account managers from the insurer who want to keep a very lucrative contract. No pressure dude!

The other meeting was an intense peer review with our government head contractor, to assess strategy in one of my matters. I answered all the questions well satsfactorily, and obtained the instructions I sought, although they made me work for it!

After the last three days I‘m sure you can guess why I‘m so tired and want an early night tonight.  I finished the padta last night, so I swung past the supermarket and decided to treat myself to some kangaroo steaks and vegetables. Looking firward to it bigtime! Thinking about smothering them rather than pan frying. Hmm.

Will post more later and let you know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment