Monday 28 May 2012

Score!

Hi everyone,

Today was definitely a redemption day for me. Last year there was a matter that I rather buggered up when it came on for hearing. Long story. Suffice it to say Joni and the girls had not long left and I‘d been one or two days without medication, and really wasn‘t in the right headspace to be doing fairly complex negotiations. Anyway, the matter didn‘t settle and wasn‘t reached and was adjourned off to today.  God be praised, but today I was completely on song: at the risk of bragging, but it all just fell into place and we settled well under budget. I‘m pretty happy I have to say.

Tomorrow I have two hearings plus some interlocutory stuff, and I‘m feeling pretty good about it. Law might not be my career for life, but when you‘re kicking goals, it feels awful good.

I worked late tonight kind of by accident (just sort of lost track of time) and had an office dinner.  Ready to sleep when I get back to the Casa tonight.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment