Saturday 24 March 2012

Better Day!

Hi everyone,

So today has been a development (if that is the right word) on yesterday.

After last night's post I tried to sleep with mixed success.  Meaning I slept from about 10:00pm to a little after 11:00pm and then struggled to get back to any sort of sleep until about 2pm.  I found myself lying there thinking "What in the name of cookie monster is this?  I've been crying out for sleep, and I get an hour's worth?  What the Hell???"  So, I did all the usual things - played with my phone for a bit, read a bit, had a drink of water, sat on the couch and watched Letterman in the cool air so I could get back into a warmer bed.  Even then, it was with patchy sleep until morning.  I have no idea what to make of this!

As I might have said yesterday, I'd agreed to meet up with Dad at an event today, so that was good.  He's pretty well gotten over the infection he'd picked up and has plans for the next few weeks.  We'd pretty well finished by 2:30ish, so he headed back to the property and I came back to Brunswick.  I toyed with the idea of going to the office, but it seemed to me that as I'd been feeling a bit crummy yesterday a rest day was in order.  So I decided that the best thing I could do was to blow the cobwebs out of my brain, preferably by forcing a shitload of fresh blood and oxygen into it (now, I appreciate that cognitiive neurochemistry probably says it doesn't work like that, but just go with me), so I decided to blow the dust off my runners and dig out a pair of shorts and go running along the Merri Creek trail.  I'm not sure how far I went, but I took about 40 minutes without stopping (although by the end, I was moving about half a meter per stride and my vision was doing that thing where it flips back and forth between colour and black and white!).  I had a shower and as I was gettign dressed, flipped on the TV just as SBS was doing a program on Mars exploration which played to my pet love of astronomy., so that was pretty awesome.

I warmed up some gumbo for dinner and cooked up some pasta to have with it (I was feeling a bit over rice).  It worked surprisingly well!  I came back up here and watched another episode of the 3-disc series of "The West", the documentary Ken Burns oversaw post "The Civil War".  I've never finished it, so I'm trying again!

Going for a run was a great idea.  It's lifted the pall of gloom that had been nagging at me (mixing my metaphors) and I'm feeling much more like myself again.  Works better than a fistful of Pristiq!  Not sure how I'll add more running into the working day but it might be a necessity.  And it'd be good to be able to present Joni with a slab of beefcake when we're back together again!

OK, I guess that's the update for now.  I'm trying for another early night.  Will need to be another office day tomorrow, sadly.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment