Monday 5 March 2012

Shirt Collage Monday

Hi Everyone,

It's been kind of an annoying day.  I got to the office at about 8:30am today and spent the next two hours trying frantically to finish my preparation for case reviews.  I was still a little underprepared when I had to begin them which exasperatingly showed.  Not badly, but it could have been better, and I was annoyed with myself for not doing better.  The combination of preparation and reviews took up most of the morning.  At lunch I went and did the banking I didn't get to do on Saturday, and shot Joni a FB message so advising.  I happened to pass another discount bookshop coming back from the bank and couldn't resist a look.  I actually emerged without buying anything which showed a lot of discipline considering there were a couple of books for the general reader on the Poincare conjecture and the Riemann hypothesis which I had a hankering for.

The afternoon was more preparation for case reviews plus a few other jobs that needed tackling.  Nothing too exciting I'm afraid.  Although I could see the Queen Mary 2 moored at Station Pier from my office window, which I guess was the highlight of my day!

After work I went and got groceries (a week's groceries: $12.38; possibly a new record!).  I figured I'd earned an evening off and went home rather than back to the office.  I warmed up the last of the tuna bake for dinner along with some fruit and odds and ends that a departing housemate had given me.  Also washed a load of shirts.  After I'd washed them I found all the clothes racks were used, so I had to hang them to dry in my room (which now smells pleasantly of Tide detergent).  About half of the shirts wound up hanging decoratively from the door - photo attached.

OK, I guess that's the update for now.  Sorry I don't have anything more profound to offer I'm afraid.  Sometimes the day just doesn't offer it to you!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment