Thursday 1 March 2012

Tuna bake and flag-waving cufflinks!

Hi everyone,

Today I found myself running out of puff by the end!

For no good reason I decided to declare it a cufflink day.  I settled on the "stars and stripes" pair I got in Baton Rouge the year my little princesses were born - pictures of them in the box and in situ herewith.

So today I got into the office at a reasonable hour - about 8am - and began to wind up the file I was working on yesterday evening, before shifting gear onto the files that were for review today.  Two of them were straightforward (although one of them now has an unrepresented plaintiff which could mean it's about to become either very straightforward or a nightmare).  On the third file we still don't have the insurer's paperwork, but we received a mass of documents from the insurer which meant I could at least have a meaningful review and get a draft of the defence drawn.

The afternoon was spent getting a County Court file up to speed and ringing a number of insurers and hassling them to give me documents I need to prepare the matter, plus a few other jobs.  By 6pm I was out of ideas and out of energy and decided to call it a day rather than bat on and try to get anything done (which I wasn't confident would occur).  So, I headed back to the sharehouse and decided to give my brain the evening off.  This took the form of channel surfing which happened to result in multiple episodes of "Big Bang Theory".  It also took the form of wearing tracky-daks (sweat pants for my American readers) and the tuna bake I was looking forward to.  I had three mostly-used packets of pasta in the cupboard, so the bake had a pleasant mix of vermicelli, spinach fettucine and macaroni.  Add a jar of bake mix, and a can of tuna and corn as well as thyme, chili flakes and black pepper and you have dinner and a very happy me!  Pictures herewith.

While I was having lunch today I had a look at the ABC's website.  There was an op-ed there on the pros and cons of studying theology as a secular discipline.  At least, I think that's what it was about.  It was that sort of dreadfully earnest prose that it's hard to get excited about.  Nonetheless, it drew the usual predictable howls of outrage and derision from the left-liberal secularists who make up a significant whack of the ABC's audience.  I'd pay more attention to their views than I do if they didn't seem so unreasoning, so much reacting with all the patience and restraint of Count Dracula finding he's stumbled into a tanning booth.  Take your medication, all of you.

OK, bedtime.

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment