Saturday 10 March 2012

More horizontal blogging

Hi everyone,

It‘s another post written from my phone while not sleeping, I‘m afraid. Apologies in advance for typoes.

It‘s been a good day in a lot of ways. I was out if bed at a reasonable hour and set to making another oat bread as my first priority. Well, I was messing about with flour and water and oats when Bruno, one of the newer housemates who is an Italian gentleman in his late 60s came down to the kitchen. He asked what I was doing and I explained. “No no no no no...“ he said, bustling me out of the way. He floured up his hands and pulled the dough out of the bowl and split it unto two halves. I just watched this poetry in motion of wrists and palms as he kneaded the two lumps of dough simultaneously with one hand each, as he explained to me how he‘d been a baker in a past life he then showed me how to actually get dough to rise, and about baking it at a lower temperature than has been my wont. So, these two loaves came out closer to goal than any yet tried. Bruno did mention that his next goal is to show me how to cook proper pizza.  I have something to look forward to!

I traded a few texts with Joni. It wasn‘t a skypable evening, as she and the girls were going to supper with some friends of ours there. She put the cutest photo on facebook of our munchkins eating tomato ketchup with chopsticks!

As skyping wasn‘t an option, I headed to the office for fairly obvious reasons. Ten hours and several files later I lurched out again. Taking a radio in is one of the smarter things I‘ve done. Music helps me concentrate. Although ABC FM was doing their “New Music Up Late“ program in the late evening. The drawback with experimental classical music is that it‘s often hard to know what‘s music and what‘s the radio needing to be tuned.

I was back here on midnight and warmed up some of last night‘s pasta for dinner. Tomorrow I‘ll head to the parents‘ place for Sunday and Labour Day.

Hope your weekends are going great!

See you tomorrow.

PS the photo is nothing significant; it‘s just a few random things on my desk that caught my eye. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love that I finally got a guy comment. Mixes things up a little bit! I don't sleep either. I'm impressed you can do a whole post with your phone.

    ReplyDelete