Friday 23 March 2012

Done, done, done.

Hi everyone,

This may be a whiny post. It‘s Friday night and I‘m just awfully tired.

Today‘s been a punisher. The morning was heavily taken up with identifying documents in a dozen insurer files for the service clerks to copy. Mind numbing work but only the file operator should do it for fear of missing relevant documents. The afternoon was a mad rush of teeing things up for Monday, including replacing a barrister who‘d dropped us for Monday‘s hearing and trying to locate the brief which my secretary had misdelivered. It was finally located at about 4:55pm.

After work drinks kind of fell flat: the social committee had dubbed it Mexican night, so there was a great spread of taco fixings and suitable decor, but it kind of felt like you couldn‘t just switch off and relax. Maybe I was just too tired to take it in properly.

I wasn‘t in the right frame of mind to do something properly Lenten for dinner, so I wound up making microwave macaroni and cheese and mixing in a can of tuna and calling it a day. I‘ve crawled into bed at 9:30. I‘m writing this from my phone because I don‘t have it in me to fool around with my laptop and aircard.

I‘m just feeling beaten. I can‘t seem to make things happen how they ought to at work. The quest to save money to pay off the moving debt hit a new level this week. I‘m not going to say what I did. All I‘ll say is ... wow. But even then, it doesn‘t seem to make any difference (the car registration bill came this week - $800.00, and when insurance comes along in a few weeks, that‘ll be about $1000.00). And recently facebook has been adding insult to injury by randomly deleting some of the wall posts I‘ve tried to make for Joni to say I hope she and the girls are feeling better. When that happens it feels like being kicked in the chest. Amazing. I can‘t even get f#$%ing facebook right.

I‘m going to sleep. Things have to look better in the morning.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment