Tuesday 27 March 2012

Phidippides with insomnia!

Hi everyone,

Likely to be a quick post tonight. It‘s late and I need to get these eyes closed.

Truth be told, it was kind of a frustrating day. The hearing continued this morning and was then adjourned till tomorrow due to witness availability issues. The court was dropping heavy hints that the matter should settle, presenting me with an interesting challenge to keep a lot of conflicting interests happy. Long story, but in the end I was wanting to scream at the opposing solicitors and say “will you stop posturing and make an offer I have some chance of selling to my client? Or if you just want to bluster, let‘s get on with the bloody hearing“.

Lunch was catered today (seminar on industry groups). Yay for a free lunch! Then in the afternoon, preparation for case reviews which I think I did pretty well.

I was still preparing a detailed advice in a matter which kept me at the office late. I was still a little cranky over some issues that had blown up during the day, and when I got back to the Casa a bit before midnight I got it into my head to go for a run and clear my head before bed (crazy or what?). So, I wound up running from East Brunswick to the Melbourne Museum and back - a little under 6 miles in 50 minutes. I certainly feel better for it! Pic of me and my runners hereunder. Then back here, shave, shower and bed.

Ok, time to sleep. Have a good Tuesday everyone.

See you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment