Thursday 29 March 2012

Paul the Apostle and the Eye of the Tiger

Hi everyone,

Blogging from the laptop tonight, although I'm genuinely tired and so this might be a quickish post.

It was kind of a stressful day, juggling files and trying to get things lined up.  My office looks like it was ransacked by Genghis Khan leading a charge of Motley Crue wannabees.  I can tell you more about the day, but in honesty, it's not exciting.

I was feeling brain-fried and left the office about 7:30pm.  Since the whole "running to clear my head" thing has been working for me, I came back to the Casa and changed and then drove down to the Tan Track.  The Tan is kind of a Melbourne institution - it's a two-and-a-bit mile running track around the Botanical Gardens, very popular.  So, I did two laps of it in about 50 minutes and felt pretty good.  Then, back here.  Dinner was a pleasant change from office dinners: pasta with tuna, cheese sauce and chickpeas (yeah, OK, the ingredients all came out of cans and the pasta was Kraft Mac & Cheese from the microwave, but being able to eat it sitting on the couch watching a DVD of Married with Children made a difference to me).

Tomorrow is Court free, so I can catch up on some things.  The evening, as I mentioned a few entries ago, is a schmoozing session with our biggest client at the football.  My only goal is not to make a fool of myself.  Probably just as well I'm off the booze for the time being!  I must message Joni and see if she or the girls would like anything from the stadium's Ye Olde Rippe Offe Shoppe.

OK, I guess that's about it.  Well, apart from that while I was running I kept having 1 Corinthians 13 go through my head (oddly enough, it didn't seem to clash with my iPod belting out "Eye of the Tiger").  There is enough wisdom in that to last me forever.

OK, bedtime.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment