Sunday 25 March 2012

Sunday again

Hi everyone,

I‘m starting this as I wait for the Sunday night tram back to the Casa. I‘ll see whether I post it from my phone or save it and post it from my laptop after. My goal is to be bed at or before midnight. It‘s presently 9:21pm, and I still need to have dinner, iron shirts for the week, make lunches for the week, and have a shave and general cleanup.

Last night was another case of not sleeping so well and getting up a couple if times through the night. I need to find some way of dealing with this. I checked and annoyingly valerian interacts unhelpfully with some other medication I‘m on. And warm milk is kind of out too (makes my skin break out). I see a trip to google in my future.

The day itself was spent first getting groceries and then going to the office. This is looking like a week filled with late nights and office dinners, so groceries were heavily leaning towards canned and microwaveable. Although Friday we have a schmoozing session with our biggest client at the football. The event is catered (hurray!) and hopefully the menu includes a fish option. Herein a nuisance of living somewhere most people are non-observant.

Work at the office was a bit laboured: it was taking me a long time to get thungs done, although at least I got through what I needed to. Well, all but for a letter of advice I need to crank out tomorrow before Court. I‘m a little troubled that I now know ABC-FM‘s Sunday lineup pretty well by heart. On the other hand, working late on Sundays lately has resulted in me hearing a lot of operas I‘ve never been exposed to from the Met in New York, so at least I‘m acquiring some culture out of the deal!

Incidentally, my legs are telling me they‘re a little displeased about yesterday‘s run (hobble hobble hobble!).

I saw an excerpt from “At The Movies“ on TV last night. “At The Movies“ is the ABC‘s movie review show. They were roundly panning The Hunger Games (insufficient character development, clicheed characters). Not having read the books or seen the movies, I didn‘t even have an opinion, but based on the review I‘m predicting that The Hunger Games will be the biggest hit of 2012. As a rule, whenever “At The Movies“ applauds something or calls it ‘heartwarming‘, ‘stunning‘ or ‘a masterpiece‘ you can be reasonably sure it‘ll be seen by about six people in Fitzroy and then disappear without trace. If you don‘t believe me, try finding anyone who has even heard of - let alone seen - Griff the Invisible, A Heartbeat Away or Beautiful Kate.

Although now I come to think of it, I might actually go to see Hunger Games, if only because of the raves it‘s getting on Facebook.

[Insert a couple of hours gap]

Ok, well that‘s taken care of dinner (pasta with the last if the gumbo), this week‘s lunches and the ironing. Bedtime.

Hope it‘s a good week for you as well.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment