Sunday 18 March 2012

Way late

Hi everyone,

Another post from the tram. It‘s been about 12 hours at the office on a Sunday. That‘s a bit, even for me. I have to say that dinner at the office is just starting to lose its novelty.

Not that it hasn‘t been worthwhile. The lion‘s share of the time went to a file that‘s on for review tomorrow, where I found myself wading through a surveillance report, two-dozen medical reports, and about 500 pages of subpoenaed medical records. Usually this much medical mayerial isn‘t actually that bad: the vast bulk of it will be the treating GP‘s records, and most of them are irrelevant to the issues in the case. This particular set of records, however were almost wholly related to the injuries in issue, so they all had to be read.

Fortunately, I long since put a radio in my office, so I had ABC FM playing in the background. Equally fortunately, I remembered I had a packet of berry tea in my desk drawer (photos herewith). This particular blend always make me feel good. For one thing, when brewed it smells like the apartment Joni lived in in Louisiana before we got married, so thats an awful happy memory right there. And it also seems to cut the taste of sugar from my mouth from the oats I‘d had with lunch.

The other file for review tomorrow is comfortingly straightforward (dispute over liability for surgery). I still need to get in top of the medical materials, but that should be ok since I can just skim them for the critical information (diagnosis? causation? is the propsed operation reasonable?). Which is just as well since I have both a hearing and a directions hearing on tomorrow morning as well!

Ok, nearly my stop.

See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment