Friday 9 March 2012

Friday early night

Hi everyone,

I‘m typing this update from my phone, as I have only a limited amount if time left on my aircard which I‘m hoarding for skype purposes.

It‘s been a day taken up chiefly with one file, settling a brief and a fairly fiddly letter of advice. I had a bit of a low moment through the day when I was thinking about the risk of being out of work and not being able to support Joni and the girls. But then I did think that there‘s still things I can do even if that happens. For one thing, I can call the recruiter who got me this job. For another, my old boss might be willing to have me back as a contractor (so, without the tax and superannuation headaches) as he knows I‘ll be emigrating and he won‘t need to fire me. So while nothing‘s guaranteed, there‘s still a few “Plan B“s there.

We had a quick send off for one of my bosses who‘s going off on maternity leave. And Friday night drinks where I managed to avoid the meat-based snacks as well as booze!

Quiet evening at the sharehouse. Most people were out, so I made myself up a tuna pasta and watched a little TV, and went for a 9:30pm bedtime. Joni has clearly rubbed off on me. And now, blogging before sleep.

It‘s the Labour Day long weekend here. I guess I‘ll work tomorrow and go visit with my folks on Sunday and Monday. I‘m torn about explaining to them about the issues at work. Dad would probably get it, but I think it‘d be something Mum would struggle to process. Better to let it go by for the moment, I think.

Ok, methinks it‘s time to sleep.

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment